*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435976
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#435976 added June 24, 2006 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Office spouse or office lesbian?
A READERS COMMENT:

So, if all my work spouses have been women, does that make me an office lesbian?

Or, if I have both male and female office spouses - concurrently - is it an orgy or polygamy?

I do think it's unfortunate that many assume men and women can't be platonic friends. They certainly can be. We real spouses know that, and aren't threatened by it. If we have reason to feel threatened, we have far deeper problems in our marriages than worrying about our spouses' coworkers.


*Laugh**Laugh**Laugh*
In my humble opinion, I believe most people do have far more deeper problems than having to worry about their spouses' coworkers*Exclaim* But that's just me...

I've always wanted to have a wife. Honestly!!!

As a wife, I cook, clean, do the laudry, bear the children, wash the dishes, cook (yes, I said that twice), tend to the sick, open the mail, pay the bills, make the beds, sweep the floors... ARE YOU GETTING THE PICTURE?

Yes, I think it would be wonderful to have the wife of my dreams*Exclaim*

I promise I've never had an office husband... hmmmm... that might be fun. Usually all the men I've ever worked with usually said something like, "I'd hit her, if she wasn't a woman."

Yes, my mouth, and sometimes my attitude regularly overrides my ass, in a fashion, and always has.

Here is my first bit of advice to keep your spouse, a husband in this case, from considering the advantages of an office wife:

Listen to your man talk about his job. I mean this. My husband finds it amazing that I truly listen to his work stories, and I do truly listen. Not for the reasons some of you not so trusting souls may think either... First I just like hearing his voice. He has a deep, masculine voice that tends to sooth the savage beast in me... Secondly, he can spin an interesting tale. His work is highly technical, often very stressful, and involves a lot of new technologies - think Marine Industry, Homeland Security (while generally a JOKE - this marine industry stuff is serious), IMO (International Maritime Organization), GMDSS (Global Maritime Destress at Sea System)...

Regardless of what your spouse's job is, if they want to share, take the time to attempt to share - YOU REALLY OUGHT TO LISTEN.

I'm basically an old-fashioned gal, in case you couldn't tell.

Sincerely,
The Critic


© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/435976