*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436374-Tick-Tock
Rated: GC · Book · Adult · #994563
No purchase necessary.
#436374 added June 26, 2006 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Tick Tock
Tick Tock goes the clock.
The only reason I am here

Tick Tock goes the clock
my job and my career.


HR is supposed to be calling me with my new job's offer. My boss paged my over the wknd to let me know that I would be contacted by HR today with the job offer. I already have the new office, the new walnut furniture and the new blackbery but haven't signed a damn thing yet. Nobody else applied for the position, I guess because Avonne told them I already had the job. She didn't even want to post it but HR has all these rules and they told her she had to. She posted it "in house 5 days only". When you see a posting like that...you know they already have the person picked out that they want. In this case...that would be me.

I gotta go buy me some fancy work clothes. I absolutley hate clothes shopping. I have made a date with my best friend to take me around Houston and shop for clothes. I hate fashion and hate the idea of wasting an entire day acting like fucking teenage girls. Whatever! I need a tour guide for the mall so she's gonna do it. Thanks be to Julie! If you find yourself in Houston at the end of July...I'll be there. I'll be the one crouched on the floor, beneath the sale rounder with her ears covered, rocking back and forth.

FYI-I ain't gonna re-read this or spell check. I just don't care!

-Marv-

© Copyright 2006 -- Marv -- (UN: marv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
-- Marv -- has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436374-Tick-Tock