*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436536-Excused-Absense
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#436536 added June 27, 2006 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
Excused Absense
Yikes! Many days have gone by since I've been in this window. No good excuse. Time just gets away from you somtimes. I've been keeping three houses clean, and doing excessive yard work, and my back has suffered. Been couch-bound a few days. Bummer, 'cause the weather's been nice--not too hot for a change.

My old house still hasn't sold. I'm keeping the inside clean, as many fingerprints show up when I visit weekly with the vacuum cleaner. I know people are seeing the inside of the house because they leave tell-tale signs.

The contractor used a spray paint machine on the walls there, and it left a thin but sticky and annoying layer of paint on everything--windows, ceiling fans, appliances, light bulds, fixtures. They were messy around the electric outlets, so I got some cleaning solution to them to get the old paint off. Ate the nail polish off my nails.

So, I've cleaned, and run the sprinkler on the grass. I'm risking a $500 fine if I water between 10 am and 6 pm, due to Dallas water restrictions. You can water by hand anytime, but that takes forever.

The Barnes Bridge location is full of sunflowers in the back yard. I'll take some pictures and post them. I received a certificate for having a mini wildlife area in my yard last year. The birds will nest in a dense planting of sunflowers. It looks neat too!

Mom's not feeling well, and she's discussing death-like subjects, kind of in a "by-the-way" interjection in our conversations. She'll be 84 in another week and a half. She's feeling her age. I'm feeling mine too.

Since I lost weight, my butt has fallen. I'd heard of it, and didn't really know what they were talking about, then I look in the mirror one day. I dropped 70 pounds in about 18 months, from the most I weighed. I did have three butts, but now I have one, and it's saggy *Frown*. My bigger sized clothes are falling off me too. I was a bigger size last season. Was this more info than you needed? Take up the elastic in the waist, and keep smiling *Smile*

My tutoring student came by recently, and "we're" taking the history of Mexico this fall. I tried to talk him into taking this lit course offered on the lyrics of Bob Dylan. I will take that course some day. I think I'd make an A. As it is, I asked David to buy me a textbook too. It won't hurt me to investigate Mexican history. Don't know that I've ever had a Mexican History course. Maybe I'll learn something.

I submitted the article called "On the Sidelines, About the Draft" to a web site, so it's blocked from viewing until the engine does its crawl. I have to hide it, or the dumb search engine "rules" consider that it's a copied, plagerised article, and the article isn't accepted as original work.

When I submit a new article to one of the sites that accept submissions, I get a response to get the web page indexed in about a dozen other search engines. It takes some verifying and confirming, but I feel like I'm extending my written presense on the web. Just looking for readers and a by line in that situation. Don't think there's any money to be made. Tell my creditors that money isn't everything.

I've been trying to send a kind of bulk e-mail of the MP3 of "Long Cool Woman," and I haven't succeeded yet. Third time will be a charm. It's such a large file, the server--my server--keeps sending it back. I think the next thing to learn is how to create a zipped file of the MP3, and then send it. I don't think it's a difficult task, but I've not done it before. So my next mission is to learn how to zip a file, unless another bright idea hits me.

There's a conference of Gospel Mucis Association people in town at a hotel next weekend. It's for "artists", and people who sing church music--dealing with copyright information and recordings of music. This might be the person-to-person Q and A situation I've been needing.

Just keep plugging, and do your best. That's all you can do, but it's better if you can do it smiling *Smile*
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436536-Excused-Absense