*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436686
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#436686 added June 27, 2006 at 4:46pm
Restrictions: None
Baghdad, Iraq, Baghdad Burning, & Riverbend
I posted a link to a blog earlier in this journal/blog... here it is again:

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

Here's a quote I find most interesting:

Emily Dickinson wrote, “hope is a thing with feathers”. If what she wrote is true, then hope has flown far- very far- from Iraq…

I'm getting a feeling that reminds me of when I read the Anne Frank Dairies... ya'll do remember Anne Frank, don't you? Not because of hope, but the desperation I'm reminded of within riverbend's blog.

What has America done?

It is a mind numbing contrast for me to feel the way I do about Iraq, Iraqis, the war, Bush & Co., and then read this blog... described as:

Baghdad Burning

Girl Blog from Iraq... let's talk war, politics and occupation.

The other day I was wanting to turn the country of Iraq into Lake Iraq. On too many levels, I still think that is the best of all possible solutions. One really big bomb couldn't cost as much blood and money as has been spent so far to devastate another country.

I want to e-mail Riverbend. There's a link, but honestly I don't know what I'd say to her. I want her to be safe. I want this mess in Iraq to end, yet I am powerless to end it.

When I think about Iraq, American troops in Iraq... the sadness is almost as unbearable as is my anger and hatred for those I hold responsible.

We have soldiers dying all over Iraq, and when some arrive home, they find they are facing criminal charges for doing what soldiers are trained to do.

I have friends that died in Vietnam. I visited friends in hospitals that returned from Vietnam less than whole - physically and mentally.

Enough of this War on Terror. It is a Presidential fabrication to facilate a power grab. Don't give the MF a line item veto either... He has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt - HE CAN'T BE TRUSTED.

Bush now wants to silent American newspapers. He's got members of Congress and the Senate that are supporting his treason position. Yep, you betcha... President Bush claims The New York Times is wrong to run an article about spying on International fund transactions...

Anybody with half a brain should know "This is not real news." Anyone that has any kind of dealings overseas should have expected no less. What is everyone so upset about? Only the ones with that kind of money, making international fund transfers need to have some concerns here. I don't have any money. Have accepted the fact I never will. Big freaking deal...

NOw the folowing worrys me a little:

And I heard that the U.N, yes the United Nations has a problem with Americans owning guns. According to the National Rifle Association the U.N. is planning to disarm Americans. Really? I hear each Iraq family is allowed to own one AK47 and two clips of ammunition. MY SOURCE: American soldiers that conducted "Knock and Search" patrols in Iraq. Don't take my word for it, ask a soldier.

I don't have any guns. Can't stand guns actually, but as soon as the United Nations or anyone else tells me I can't have a gun... that's when I start thinking I just may actually need one... two... okay maybe three or four... just in case I end up in an extended gun battle over FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY.

I'm loving Newsweek's article:

15 People Who Make America Great
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13530551/site/newsweek/
Excerpt:
With this issue, we launch our "Giving Back Awards" in recognition of people who, through bravery or generosity, genius or passion, devote themselves to helping others. From hundreds of nominations, these folks were chosen for imaginative approaches to difficult problems. We hope they remind you of someone—maybe yourself.

For a brief moment, I lost the feeling of thinking I'd be needing guns and stores of ammunition as I read Newsweek's article.

I wish that Newsweek would publish bios on all of the nominations, not just the 15 they've published. Reading this... I almost felt hopeful again. I need a much larger dose of more of the same.

Later,
Sincerely,
The Critic


© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/436686