*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437120
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#437120 added June 29, 2006 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Jail & Jailers: Am I my brothers keeper?
The following story is one of the saddest I've ever read!

The following report demonstrates how broken the criminal justice system is. Broken because the people are so entrenched in the safety and security of their paychecks - they no longer do their job.

The system doesn't need fixing - the system needs people, employees, who take personal responsibility to do the job their hired and paid to do.

Too much apathy... Too much shuffling responsibility...

Whose to blame? Why?

There has been no public outrage over the following report? Why?

Oh, this happened to a black man, and can't happen to you, right? Just keep believing that! Maybe it won't happen to you, but as an American citizen don't you feel a twinge of responsibility? I suspect not!!!

I'm beginning to believe that everyone in the justice system should be rotated around like what the military does to military personnel - there is an "Up or Out" rule in the military.

But who are the men and women who are the corrections officers? My father use to tell me "these people" were human garbage collectors. That "these people" spent more time with the criminal element than the non-criminal element of society, and that colored their behavior, attitudes, and trust in mankind. Gez... my daddy somehow knew what he was talking about...

In my best estimation, the system isn't broken, but the people are. HOW do broken people get fixed?

The Wrong Man
Mistaken for a Fugitive, an Innocent Hairdresser Landed in Jail

Tamara Jones
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, June 25, 2006; Page A01

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/24/AR2006062401082....

© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437120