*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437535-Chapter-20---The-Plan
Rated: 13+ · Book · Comedy · #979998
This came from when I realised the starnge way that Orion's belt is arranged.
#437535 added July 1, 2006 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 20 - The Plan
Chapter 20- The Plan

After 2 hours of waiting, and four hundred packets of peanuts, Anna, Patrick, Meg, Scottle and Em, decided it was time to do something about Whalley. As soon as they got up, however, he came through, looking very scruffy. He sighed.
“Woo…that was a bit longer then I expected.”
“Where were we?”
“Cuttlefish.” Patrick answered.
“Ah, yes, well, you see….Cuttlefish is as you know, a brilliantly happy song. Terribly brilliant. So we figure if you played that to the whole world, people would be a lot happier, and dance around in the street and all that. See the error in their depressive ways as such.”
“Makes sense. What’s in it for us?” Megan asked.
“Eternal gratitude.”
“Yeah….well, that doesn’t work for me. Something more real might.”
Whalley looked quite shocked for a moment, scratched his chin for a moment, and came up with a solution.
“We’ll give you an universal IOU. Whenever you want anything, we’ll give it to you.”
“Do you have anything for removing blackheads?” Anna said.
The gang looked at her.
“What? I hate spots.”
“How very deep…” said Whalley. “And yes, we do. Top of the range stuff, in the back cupboard.”
“You’ve got yourself our services.” Anna stated. “But how do you expect an entire planet to stop what they’re doing and watch us play for 5 minutes?”
Whalley looked at them.
“Well…er…erm…..ah. Hadn’t thought about that one.” He said, looking rather embarrassed. “We were just going to put it on the internet.”
He looked very bad about himself.

*
© Copyright 2006 Drew Baines (UN: braines at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drew Baines has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437535-Chapter-20---The-Plan