*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437797-As-promised-heres-my-review
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#437797 added July 2, 2006 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
As promised, here's my review
Here's my Review of Starr Phenix LORD OF THE MOON:

“Lord of the Moon”
by: Dina Vigil

Review by Steph Burkhart

5 out of 5 rating.

“Lord of the Book” is an ebook published in the PDF format by Freya’s Bower. (http://www.freyasbower.com). There are two stories contained within, “Lord of the Moon,” and “Daughter of the Moon.” Both are “byte” sized stories, contained within themselves.

Genre: Erotica/Romance with a vampire theme.

In the first story, Zargun gives his daughter, Nikkha to Sihn, the patron god of his people to be a priestess. Nikkha an Sihn develop a strong bond. When Zargun offers Nikkha up to Sihn as a sacrifice, Sihn makes Nikkha into one of his own – a vampire.

In the second story, Nikkha and Sihn’s daughter, Nyssa, finds her champion in a simple Shepard.

The plot/pacing is excellent. The action as the first story opens easily draws in the reader. The characters are very interesting, especially Sihn. The author draws on the complexity of the man to make the story work. The erotica is tasteful. The dialogue suits the story well. Two thumps up.


If anyone gets a chance to check it out and read it, let me know. You can purchase the ebook at:

http://www.freyasbower.com


Now...onto the family stuff. Haha...

Brent took Andrew to Catalina for 2-5 JULY. I have to stay home and work. Why? Simply because I did not get the time off. Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles, but to me, I have mixed feelings about it.

Brent is on vacation. Last week he said "Steph, take the 4th off and we'll do something." So I did. The next day his Aunt calls and says she's going to be in Catalina 1-10th and why doesn't Brent come down for the 4th of July.

*Frown* Mind you, when HIS relatives call, it's all about Brent. They always ask for him. I have dealt with them enough to know that is simply their way. If you are not a blood member of the immediate family, you get slighted. I've been slighted like this for YEARS.

Of course, Brent agrees to go. He'll take Andrew. They'll have a good time. Andrew can practice his swimming lessons with Brent and they'll get to see the fireworks display over the island which is gorgeous. (His aunt owns a condo on the island.)

Now, because this was so last minute (and typical of the in-laws) and my days off are due 30 days in advance, I didn't have the days off. I couldn't go. Not only that, I'm 29 weeks pregnant. I'm moving slowly these days. I'm just not up for a trip like that. Brent goes any way.

Like I said, it's mixed. There are PROS and CONS to this. Andrew is going to have a great time and for me, that's what it is all about - that my boy have the experience and enjoy himself. I'm really excited that he'll see fireworks.

The con is my husband just decided to go, really without little consulting of me and my feelings. I don't think he realizes how hurt I am that he asked me to take the 4th of July off and then just saunters off to Catalina for fun - leaving me to spend the holiday ALONE?? Get real. What I did was asked to work the holiday at work and they let me so the overtime will be nice and I won't be alone. But still, that hurt. Not to mention my horomones are raging at 29 weeks. I'm all baby.

So there you have it - the pros and the cons. It's mixed. I get plenty of downtime with the computer to write without no nagging me, yeah, but at what cost?

As a little note - at a preschool gradutation Brent's Aunt Shirley was having we told members of the family that Brent was going to Catalina. None of his immediate family really seemed to care - (which is typical of them, really) But his Aunt Diana and Aunt Alma were so sweet to me, telling me I could spend a night or two over their house and Aunt Alma even invited me over for hot dogs and hamburgers on the 4th. To me, that's what real family is all about. They ACCEPT me, warts and all, even though I married into the family.

It feels good to air out these feelings. If anything, it's just another reminder that I am a 2nd class citizen when it comes to my husband's family, and to an extent, Brent whose #1 desire is to keep the peace at costs, doesn't see how I suffer for it.

© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437797-As-promised-heres-my-review