*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438009
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#438009 added July 4, 2006 at 5:47pm
Restrictions: None
déjà vu : A Disease?
Sometimes I just detest Science, especially Scientific Research!!! They can take something and twist it into something else. Sadly, often times science is correct, but damn...

I kind of like the perception and understanding I've had about déjà vu... but if you want to know more you really ought to read the following:

Déjà Vu, Again and Again
By EVAN RATLIFF
Published: July 2, 2006

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/02/magazine/02dejavu.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5070&en...



This is a seven page article about the scientists and the science around the phenomenon referred to as déjà vu.

And these science guys kept at it until one of them reminded the others that they were making déjà vu sound like a disease...

This article proved to be tough reading for several reasons - the least of which these guys really get paid to do this kind of research. I don't know who pays 'em, or why... but damn...

I've experienced déjà vu, and I really don't want to think my brain is just wired up wrong. It just shouldn't be that simple.

Sometimes it just seems like some people, especially the really smart people, take all the wonderment and fun out of life.

Regardless... I've got to do some more reading on the subject...

Basically I want something to not be tested or examined, taken apart and disected... I want something left blindly to faith. Faith being the belief in the possibility of things unseen.

I want there to be déjà vu.

I want there to be the light that those who have near death experiences describe.

I've come to a conclusion - life will continue. If not here on Earth as we've come to know it - somewhere. I'd just like to believe that mankind's Human Consciousness lives on - on another plane of existance.

I want to believe there is life... intelligent life... somewhere.

I'm rambling... I'll stop now...




© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438009