*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438143-Quiet-Please
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#438143 added July 3, 2006 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Quiet Please
the one good thing about the cramps was, working with kids, and with cramps that bad, i couldn't help but be thankful for the cramps, in that they signified that i'm not about to have one of those screeching monsters anytime soon. never try working with kids, with cramps.

no, no. i like the kids. the whole weekend, which i spent at the family reunion in tennessee, i kept thinking i couldn't wait to get back to the kids. (but to be fair, that was mostly because my family is crazy. which is a story i don't have time to tell before my brain stops working.)

there's no time for anything, ever. you'd kill me if you knew how much scoring i need to do tomorrow. thank the filthy heavens for aaron.

ironically, we weren't supposed to get tomorrow off. these parents are paying fifteen hundred dollars per kid for this program, and such an investment warrants shitting on the sanctity of a federal holiday. and i had accidentally signed up for beforecare, which would have meant arriving at something-ridiculous-like-six o'clock in the morning. but then, in between lunch and the activity period, the power shut down; the backup generator took too long to back it up, and voila, class canceled till wednesday. thank you, jesus. everyone and their sister dropped popsicles today.

tonight i have to be a bitch and push marcus to commit to a date for our july-or-august visit. ideally it would be the last weekend in july, when my parents will be away on the vineyard. but it won't be. it'll be some weekend when they're painting the kitchen and fumegating all the bedrooms, or something, when everyone has to sleep on a cot in the basement and share a single bathroom, and when any attempt by either of us to touch the other would be instantly squelched and reprimanded by a thousand people.

i have outgrown my house.

oh yeah, i got my lsat scores. ninety-eighth percentile. rah.

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438143-Quiet-Please