*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438227-Shuttle
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#438227 added July 4, 2006 at 11:03am
Restrictions: None
Shuttle
Well, the Florida skies look clear so far and they are getting the shuttle ready to lift off. Each time they get it ready and the takeoff is canceled, it costs a million dollars. Still, they keep getting it ready and canceling it the last minute. Why do they do it if they goof with the basics? They now say the crack isn't important enough. Not important enough? Shouldn't human life be held above everything?
I think this is where we all go wrong. What we deem important, usually, has nothing to do with human life.
Well, I'm not going to watch the shuttle take off. My nerves couldn't take another shock of a shuttle blowing off in the sky. For the same reason, I do not watch the early part of news where they show us how many people we have killed or how many of us are killed by other homo sapiens.
Accidents I take better. Accidents happen and we have practically no control over them. For sure, we should try and think how to avoid them beforehand. If we can't, however, there is little to be done but chalk them off to nature or to God's will.
What bothers me is the intentional hurting and killing and being negligent especially when some material gain is the aim.
If the shuttle takes off today, I am sure, my husband will start telling me excitedly what's happening. "It took off now. They went! Look who's there watching on the stands. It is in the sky, now." etc. etc.
He always fills me in. He thinks by not watching television, I am missing sooo much. Am I?

© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438227-Shuttle