*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438404-I-am-half-way-back-from-China
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#438404 added July 5, 2006 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
I am half way back from China
Hi my friends!
I am back! Well, I am just half way back. My internal clock is all messed up. I am half asleep, but I will try to keep awake for the fireworks.

So a short one today. Just to pop my head in. (Ouch! did not time that right, just smash my head into the cyber revolving door here. *Bigsmile* )

I will get everything off my chest in the next few days. (Those contraband weighed tons! *Wink*)

Did you know they installed a sonic shower at San Francisco Airport? Well, at least, that was my understanding of the new security gate they installed just before the metal detector gate.

The lady picked me as the lucky guy to test it out. You stand in the door with the front half closed. Then she said to me, "Just stand still ..."

Now, if you are a good person, please, please, never, ever use that sentence.

That was usually reserved for when you notice a king cobra coiled behind you best friend.

So, of course, all the hair on my neck stood up as I was left alone in that little half open booth.

Then, after a minute of silence, several steams of cool air hissed at me.

1, I got scared almost out of my wits
2, I was disappointed that was the point of "Just stand still..."
3, I was glad I showered before I took the flight
4, I got to use the bathroom at that point, and the door was still closed, and if I backed out of the booth, I think I might invite some unpleasant aftermath.
5, I feel so violated. (e:cry}

Anyway, now you have to remember, I just got through two custom check points, 10 hours of flight, and a tons of standing in line.

So after that, a few more minutes had passed, the door was silent, and the light was still red. (Did I mention there as a light at the door? Well, there is a light. And it can turn from red to green.)

I can almost hear the machine taking my scent and smacking in its mouth.

I was glad, I was not a garlic person.

Finally, the light changed to green and the door opened. I almost cheered when I got out, but I remembered my place, and followed the next person to the metal detection gate.

OK, for the next entry, I will try to give a tip on how to get through Customs without having the urge to run for your life.

The ...
Ohh! The firework started, got to go! See you later.


© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438404-I-am-half-way-back-from-China