*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438649-Call-for-Help-When-Itll-Help
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#438649 added July 6, 2006 at 5:16am
Restrictions: None
Call for Help When It'll Help
I recently found about about www.Craigslist.org, and located a person in my town who calls himself a writing tutor. We've exchanged initial e-mails, and I think that calling someone to help me is probably the best thing I could do right now.

"Ghetto Gandhi" is finished in my head. There are 3 or 4 mor chapters to finish the story, but I know the twists and turns the story will take. I haven't been able to really go back and edit my longer works seriously--I keep getting overwhelmed at the amount of material for one thing. If this guy, Kent, can light a little enthusiasm in my realm, point out potential problems before I make them, and see me through the actual sending in of a manuscript to a publishing company. That's what I need.

For some reason, I think I know what to do, but I can't make myself do it. I've had the manuscript envelopes sitting on the shelf for three years now. I have lots of self-publishing company addresses, and subsidy, but not any hit it big kind of companies. Like why not submit to Random House?

I'm getting set up to start with him after July 17th. I got overwhelmed with info to learn about Search Engine Optimization. I have a lot of reading and remembering to do with lots of saved info, and more still coming all the time.

Almost wrote a poem about the birds outside my window, pecking at the bird seed I leave for them. The have their own world, and we contribute so little to them. I guess the poem is brewing.

Keeping three houses clean is keeping my back in spasms. I sweat when I mop, so I figure I'm getting a workout. It's strange with Mom depending on me to keep her house clean. She says one thing as the lady of the house, but I know what she taught me growing up.

We're having a good relationship now. Her rotater cuff probelem is hurting her lots, and she can't use her arms much. But she still drives, and she loves her new little "BoBo." He's finally taken to me as a friend. Chows are family dogs, so he accepts me as family.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438649-Call-for-Help-When-Itll-Help