*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440148-Bastards
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #911202
My first ever Writing.com journal.
#440148 added July 12, 2006 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
Bastards
behold, a victim of identity theft.

i lost my wallet a few days ago. i suck at keeping up with stuff, especially important stuff. just today i had to drive back to work after coming home, because i'd left my phone on one of the desks in my classroom. a few days earlier, i inexplicably found my driver's license in the glove compartment of a coworker's car.

i will probably have several miscarriages before i ever get my boy and my girl, because i lose everything. everything. everything important, especially.

anyway, i lost my wallet, and someone else found it, and spent seventy-nine of my dollars on amazon.com purchases. i have no idea what sort of bastard would do that; i am only twenty-one and it takes me between four and eight hours to earn seventy-nine dollars, and it's mine and i probably would have used it to buy something beautiful, or to gift marcus. what sort of bastard would do that? i of course keep thinking about those commercials where the voice doesn't match the face, except whereas those commercials make me laugh, this doesn't.

i was going to go to the movies with my coworkers tonight, only now i have no money. i have parents with money, and they have offered to supply me with ten dollars for a ticket, but i said no, because after my provisional yes, they made a big bitching deal about how late it already was, and was someone going to walk me to my car afterward, and didn't i just want a ride? or for dad to tail me there? or couldn't i stay home? wouldn't they do this again sometime?

they have always been overprotective and overbearing in the utter extreme, but when i fuck up, it gets even worse. every time. and that, not the seventy-nine dollars, is why i want to take an uzi to whoever got the idea to take my wallet and use my credit card to buy six weezer albums, or whatever it was. every time i fuck up, especially now that we've got this understanding that they'll be paying for law school, it just adds to this overwhelming sense that they, and other authorities, are in charge of my life. and i am not.

as i'm sure you can imagine, this was the last thing i needed, today. i know it could be worse, of course, but this is my trial, my frustration, for now.

© Copyright 2006 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440148-Bastards