*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440603-Stirred-Memory
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#440603 added February 28, 2013 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
Stirred Memory
It's another school reunion tomorrow night. I think I organised a great venue this time but the only downside is there's no outside area. Of course, the weather forecast is for blistering heat, but at least the place is air-conditioned. Had I organised an outdoor venue, I bet the forecast would have been rain. Can't win can you?

Our reunions are usually restricted to the same old suspects, but generally there's at least one surprise guest. Today I heard from a classmate called Malcolm who intends to grace this reunion for the first time and asked if I remembered him.

Oh yes, I remember Malcolm. I think he was the first person to ever laugh at one of my corny jokes.

Our Grammar school was streamed. The A stream for the brilliant minds, the C stream for those struggling in a very elite system. I was in the middle in the B stream, as was Malcolm.

Many of our teachers were tyrants with no sense of humour or understanding of young people. Not so Mrs Mac as we called her, the very sweet-natured art teacher.

I was no brilliant art student, more from lack of confidence than ability but Mrs Mac was always encouraging. She made me class monitor in our second year at Grammar School. I remember gathering up the students' paintings at the end of a session to store in the cupboard.

I opened the door and gazed at the shelves allocated for storage. They were clearly marked with class names. 1A, 2C, 3B, 4A etc but nowhere could I find the appropriate shelf for my class. Spotting an empty slot I gazed at the shelf and uttered -

'2B or not to 2B, that is the question.' No one can accuse me of not knowing my Shakespeare.

Malcolm, sitting next to the cupboard just about fell out of his chair. I wonder if he'll remember?

I'm really looking forward to this reunion but suspect the hangover on Sunday may not be so welcome. *Sick*

Have a great weekend yourselves and I WUB you all.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440603-Stirred-Memory