*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443401-A-Blossoming-Love
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#443401 added July 26, 2006 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
A Blossoming Love

Written for the "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
Prompt: Write a story that includes the following words: band-aid, wedding cake, and baseball cap.
*Gift1*Winning Entry: 06/13/06*Gift1*
________________

He loved her.

There was no doubt about it now. Sure they were only ten years old and she was much taller than him, but he didn’t care. He liked the way her long black hair seemed to shine under the sunlight, the way her brown eyes would sparkle with either amusement when he made her laugh, or flash with fury when he got her upset. It pleased him whenever she reached for his hand as they walked along the narrow streets, ignoring the snickers he got from friends as he was teased or called a big baby.

Of course he’d always kick their asses later on, but whenever he was with her, they didn’t seem to matter.

He blushed as she leaned closer to apply the band-aid to his bleeding cheek, listening to her soft sigh of exasperation. She smelled like strawberries today. How he wished he could tell her the way he felt.

“You should be more careful,” she was saying, reaching for his dirty baseball cap to place it on his head. “You could have broken something. Why don’t you watch where you’re going, Hiro-kun?”

And that was another thing. She was like a mother to him too. He raised his knees to his chin and remained quiet for a while, watching the dying sun’s rays bounce off the flowing river.

Finally, he asked in a shy whisper. “Hikari-chan?”

“Hmm?”

“Would you…what kind of a wedding cake would you like?”

She looked surprised at the sudden question, but had to hide a blush as she sat beside him and mimicked his sitting position. “My wedding cake. I think it would be chocolate and vanilla…our favorite.”

A smile of pleasure came to his features, and in the knowing silence that followed, their hands met shyly and held on.


Word Count: 300
________

Japanese Terms/Notes:

-chan: Suffix used if the individual is a child or a very close friend.

-kun: Suffix used when friends are the same age.



© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443401-A-Blossoming-Love