*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443404-Cell
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#443404 added July 26, 2006 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
Cell
Prompt: Write a story that involves conversation and a cell phone.
Entry for 04/27/06

_________


“Dude, check out my new wireless. It’s got everything! Camera, video – I can watch games, movies and can even download songs, man! Here, check this out…”

“Interesting,” came the reply. “Just don’t hold it too close to me though.”

Brad, who had been excited about his new device, stared at his friend with a mixture of wariness and frustration. “What are you…?”

“Have you heard of the Pulse?” Tim asked, while closing the book he had been reading. “Cell phones are a danger to society and I don’t just mean the cancer thing either.”

“What the hell are you talking…?”

Tim wasn’t finished. “Did you ever stop to consider that perhaps we were being monitored by an alien race who use cell phones as a means to brainwash society and that each time we call or speak to someone through that device that we are only letting them send subliminal messages of world domination and chaos?”

Brad stared at the small black (and rather expensive) Razor in his palm with more intensity than he would have liked. Tim, sensing an opportunity here, plugged on.

“Think about it, Brad. With cell phones, even terrorists can have the upper hand. They can create a way to tap the invisible lines of communications and send ‘shots’ of poison into our brains, making us turn mad and kill. It would reduce us to nothing but beasts and…”

“All right already!” Brad interrupted. “You can borrow this one anytime you like. But I swear if you break it like you did the other ones…”

“Thanks, man!” Tim reached for the phone and promptly began to test its new features, leaving Brad to stare at the book his friend had been reading.

“Damn,” he muttered. “I should really make him stop reading those Stephen King books.”


Word Count: 300


Notes: I love Stephen King and I'm currently reading aforementioned book 'Cell'. It was no doubt the inspiration for this piece *lol*


© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443404-Cell