*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443499-No-Blog-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#443499 added February 28, 2013 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
No Blog Today
Okay, Okay, I got off that plane over twenty-four hours ago and have only these excuses to offer for not spending enough time in Blogville since then -

1. The majority of my time has been taken up by scratching. I don't know what the little Greek b******s are that invisibly sink their teeth or whatever into visitors but boy, they certainly know how to make a person itch. It's costing a fortune and taking ages to apply sprays and lotions but I still resemble a scarlet dalmation. On the up side, I hear spots are in fashion this summer.

2. The rest of the time has been spent doing mounds of laundry, trying to find my home under the manpiles, visiting parents and attempting to revive the garden pots and baskets. I am seriously thinking of staging my own death to escape this life of domestic bondage. *Wink*

3. The weather is so stiflingly hot, it's impossible to sleep, move, type, or even breathe without perspiring buckets. England is not used to long spells of intense heat so we don't have air conditioning or shady spots designed for relief. We are also famous for grumbling about the weather, but you won't hear me complaining of course.

4. My computer connection has constipation again. I keep getting cut off and it's taking ages to load each page. On the up side, waiting for the 'Cannot find Server' message leaves me plenty of time for scratching those itches. Solutions seem impossible to find and our server is blaming ...the weather... what else? How come the connection in the internet cafe in Crete was like lightening? I guess we have a different sort of heat in England.

5. Real life. When the option arrives to resign from the real world and be sucked through the computer screen into Cyberspace, I'll be the first to volunteer. Tomorrow hubby is having a minor knee operation to remove floating debris. (shame they can't do the same in the brain area) Monday, I have to take mother to the docs for some test results. This may require putting her on a leash and dragging her there and Tuesday my dad is finally having that second cataract operation, we hope. In between that I have the overnight theatre weekend in London with my friend.

So, apologies for not catching up with everyone or downloading the photos of Crete. I will get round to it eventually but today I really don't have time to even blog. *Wink*

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443499-No-Blog-Today