*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443744-Warssomething-to-think-about
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#443744 added July 27, 2006 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Wars...something to think about
While I was away on my trip, the bottom fell from the earth with all the missiles, bombing etc. in the Middle East. Wherever we went everyone was talking or rather arguing about the new trouble.

Talking about the world's problems or watching the media is certainly the right way to approach any bad news. Wars bother me greatly, as I am sure they do many people, but I wonder why there is such fascination with violence and wars. Does the news titillate us or is it something else we haven't discovered inside ourselves yet?

I think all wars should be banned and our only fight should be against the violence inside ourselves. Maybe someday, we'll acknowledge that violence comes from inside these malfunctioning brains of ours, leading us to misconceptions, wild assumptions, and eventually to wars. Maybe brain research should be our priority before manufacturing fancy weapons or anything else.

There is nothing fair or just about a war. A war always hurts both sides, and at the end, it provides unjust opportunities for some while lessening or eradicating the rights of others.

At this stage though, it is too early to change the war habit of mankind's existence. Maybe we can approach it in small steps, before our bad habits do away with all of us.



© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443744-Warssomething-to-think-about