*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444750-Toot-toot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#444750 added August 1, 2006 at 8:48am
Restrictions: None
Toot, toot.
Cover your ears! Andra’s blowing her horn again!

Yep, I’m using this blog entry to brag. I hope you don’t mind, but since this is my blog, you’re going to have to suffer. Ha! Ear plugs ready? I’ll give you a second to make sure they’re nice and snug.

. . .

Okay. Now, if you go deaf, it’s not my fault.

Has this ever happened to you?

You create an item. It sits for a while. You get one or two reviews, maybe ten hits total, and then nothing. Months pass, and you forget it’s even there, buried at the bottom of a half-forgotten folder.

Then, for whatever reason, you get one review, two reviews, three even. Your total hits skyrocket along with the reviews.

This happened to me in the last week for "Invalid Item. Here’s the strangest part: Both windac and Puditat have decided to showcase this item in the Editor’s Picks section of their contributions to the Spiritual Newsletter. I mentioned this to Puditat , saying if she knew of an item needing more exposure to use it. She emailed me back saying the item is good enough for the double exposure.

I forgot about this item because I didn’t think it was good for anything, let alone be an Editor’s pick twice. With the suggestions I’ve received on it so far, I’m pleased enough perhaps submitting it to publications won’t be a bad idea. I’ll wait, though, to see what others will say about it after the newsletters come out.

Wait! I have more, so keep those earplugs in!

Perusing contests about a month ago, I checked out Lynn ’s "Invalid Item. Since I had a bizarre dream the night before, I decided to write it down and submit it to the contest. I didn’t expect any prize for it, since I maybe spent an hour on it, not even bothering to edit it later. If you’re curious, check out "Worming Through the Psyche

Apparently, Lynn enjoyed it enough to give it third place. She gave me the option to receive either an awardicon or merit badge. I decided on the merit badge, because right now partyof5dj and I are in competition for who gets the most community recognitions. I thought this one would tie us, but noooo, he has a birthday and gets all these Merit Badges as gifts. No fair! Looks like I’m gonna have to enter more contests that give out Merit Badges for prizes in order to keep up!

That’s right Partydude. Keep glancing behind your shoulder. I’ll be catching up to you very soon!

What, you thought I finished? Not yet, just a little more, so hang in there. Your earplugs haven’t exploded yet, have they? Good.

Voxxylady expressed her gratitude for the computer advice I’ve given her by adorning my help forum with a perty red ribbon:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1092568 by Not Available.


Then I discovered this morning haremprincess gave me this for the forum as well:

Merit Badge in Computers
[Click For More Info]

For your forum   Computer Savvy? Novice? Just Need Help?

Thank you both! I’m surprised, pleased and *Delight*ed!

It’s good to be a geek. Why? Because now I have one less (or is it fewer?) merit badge to earn before I catch up with Partylips! Muahahahahahaha!

You can remove the earplugs now. I’m done . . . for now, so be sure to keep those earplugs handy.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444750-Toot-toot