*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445571-Yuckl
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#445571 added August 4, 2006 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Yuckl!!!
Do I smell?

Be honest.

Do I smell like cat pee?

I don't want to smell like cat pee. Smelling like cat pee doesn't help the old ego or self confidence. How can I feel adorable or sexy if I pong of pee? What makes it even more distressing for me is these aren't unknown, psycho, terrorist cats that are causing me to question my personal aroma but my very own beloved kitties.

There goes my superhero image. No more willingly drawing attention to myself. No more jumping up and down while waving madly for me. I'll go skulk off in a corner with the other pee scented scum. I just know my Thumbsucker approval rating has taken a nose dive after this confession. I'll understand if you don't love me anymore.

I must warn you, this entry gets worse. It's going to get disgusting. You may want to leave now.

I have cats. House cats. We've all gotten along pretty well but recently Vixen has decided to stir things up around here by playing the let's see where I can shit now game. I'm not at all fond of this game. Perhaps that's why Vixen continues to play it. (She and I aren't getting along very well these days)

Vixen hasn't given me much trouble before. She was a stray. We were coming back home from attending my grandmother's funeral. I stopped off at a park to unwind and take my mind off things. This park has always been a favourite of mine. It's several hundred acres right in the middle of a town. It's well over a hundred years old with beautiful wooded plank trails winding up steep gorges alongside pristine streams, waterfalls and wishing wells. I've always found it VERY magical there.

Anyways, on the way back to the car, my son Mitchell noticed two cats in the picnic area, one of which was obviously straving. I had never seen a cat soooooooo thin. I already had two cats at home. Two cats is a nice number for house cats I think. I'm a BIG animal lover but that doesn't mean I bring back every stray I meet. I debated what to do as I knew this kitten was straving and would die within a very short time if nothing was done. Her begging at the picnic tables wasn't getting her anything to eat. (Apparently people must abandon their unwanted kittens there) I suppose having just attended my grandmother's funeral had reminded me how short life is. I wasn't sure at that time if we were going to keep Vixen but I knew she needed food and a safe place with people that cared about her if she was to recover, so we took her back home with us.

Two hours later, just as we were pulling into our driveway, there in the dark and rain was another kitten...Cricket. Just for the record I'm not used to finding abandoned kittens sitting at the end of my driveway. So that's how Vixen and Cricket came to live here.

I'm at loss as to why Vixen doesn't want to use any of the four litter boxes I have about. I had changed litter brands but that didn't seem to bother the other cats. Cricket has now started peeing in the places where Vixen has pooped. (I told you this entry was icky) I've gone through several cans of pet repellant but that only encouraged Vixen to find other places to shit.

Vixen's life is now pretty misearable. I'm forced to confine her 24 hours a day, which I'm sure is aggravating the situation but what else can I do? I've tried reasoning with her but that didn't work. Cricket seems to have gotten his act together again and stopped peeing in the places Vixen visited.

I know some of you must be tut-tutting to yourselves and saying "that's why I don't have pets". Pets and kids can be hair pullingly frustrating, but at times like this I'm reminded of my elderly grandmother, (who towards the end, used to stay with the boys and I every month to give my parents a break). Relationships of any kind have their pros and cons. When all is said and done, we're a family and families don't turn their backs on one another when the going gets rough. Vixen and I will get through this.







"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

*Right*Check This Out*Right* "The Amazing Race Club *Left*Check This Out*Left*

© Copyright 2006 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445571-Yuckl