*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446939-karaoke
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#446939 added August 10, 2006 at 8:08am
Restrictions: None
karaoke
Since Joseph is in town, and since, during a two or three year period, Joseph spent every Tuesday night at a local pizza establishment, we went to said pizza establishment last night. Yes, they've moved karaoke night to Wednesdays. It's always been entertaining to watch Joseph get into whatever music he's listening to. Joseph and Josh used to give us pretty lively shows, lip syncing to Wierd Al and making "guitars" and "microphones" out of brooms. I suppose it's no wonder Joseph would really get into karaoke.

As often and as much as he's done that, and as often as my 18 year old has also done that, I've never gone to the place while they enjoyed their karaoke night. Kinda thought Faith wouldn't really want me to be there. But Joseph invited Cliff and I to come along last night, so we did.

I've always kinda known that Joseph is not at all self-conscious. I noticed, last night, that most people who sing karaoke tend to stand there with the mike, looking at the monitor and hardly ever look at the audience. Don't know whether Joseph couldn't look much at the monitor because of how much he was dancing or how much he was into his music, he only used it to verify the cues, mostly. I didn't know the first song he did, but then he and a friend teamed up on "Whoop, there it is" and he sang "Folsom Prison Blues" (I think that's the name of it) later on.

I've been in places where karaoke was going on before, but I've never actually participated. Usually, I'm the kind of person that would have to have a chance to practice whatever songs I might sing over and over again, in private, many times before grabbing a mike and singing for an audience. Last night I decided it was about time I gave it a try. So, I wrote my name and my song on one of the partymeister's slips of paper, went and got a beer and sat, waiting to be called. Sang (or something) Mary Chapin Carpenter's "I Feel Lucky." It was fun. I might do it again sometime.

This morning, though, I've got to mow the lawn. Cliff was going to do it last evening, and that would have been a shame.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2006 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446939-karaoke