*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450937
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#450937 added August 27, 2006 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
The Difference Between Cats and Dogs
I'm still digesting the content in the following two articles. The comments/discussions are just as interesting - some just as alarming.

Given the fact that America is at WAR, our current hostile political situations here and abroad, not to mention America's growing problem with oil, or rather the lack of it... and let's not forget about the the continual rise in the prices of a barrel of oil and a gallon of gas... I'm shocked that Slate and Forbe's would engage in the following age old debate.

And let's not forget it's been just one year since the worse natural disaster to hit a major city... 80 % of New Orleans was flooded by a levee breach. (The fact that so many of us have waited for just such a thing to happen does not make it any less a diaster, does it?)

I've also been shocked, just shocked, at what seems like main stream media's extreme feeding frenzy and focus on John Mark Karr. It just seems like another media circus (to me) - So much coverage is beginning to make it appear that the media's efforts are most definitely intentionally directed to avoid real and distasteful issues. Yet, the coverage that has been afforded suspected murderer John Mark Karr, the suspect in JonBenet Ramsey's 1996 child murder - is disturbing.

Will someone tell me why this Karr guy was not left to rot in a Bangkok, Thailand prison? Why has so much taxpayer money been spent to bring this particular guy to justice in the United States? The reports of his business class flight home, and what he dined on... seems very inappropriate - not the reports but the fact he was in custody and was being treated better than most of the American flying public. Why was Karr not brought to justice before now, since he was already a fugitive? I digress...

Is it possible that there is just too much News? I'm beginning to think so*Exclaim*

Forbes' Female Trouble
So what if career women are divorces waiting to happen?
By Jack Shafer
Posted Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2006, at 6:08 PM ET

http://www.slate.com/id/2148274/

Opinion
Careers and Marriage
Forbes.com

http://www.forbes.com/home/2006/08/23/Marriage-Careers-Divorce_cx_mn_land.html

© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450937