*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452178-We-dont-need-to-count-our-blessings
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #1033101
Many stories are being told about climbing a mountain; this one's about faith.
#452178 added September 2, 2006 at 7:31am
Restrictions: None
We don't need to count our blessings
In a place deprived of the comforts in life, we count the days before Christmas. The BER months are here again, everyone is ecstatic about the celebrations, the hams and the pork and the fried chickens of the holidays. In the Philippines, we look up to the United States, for the comfort in life. We long for the stateside. White Christmas is a dream for us. I think everyone is longing or dreaming to in America because of the material things.

Recently, I received an email saying that we should be thankful of the things in life. We long for the comfort and the good things. As we say, the grass is always greener. But we really don't know what is going on "at the other side of the fence". People don't have anything to eat; people are dying, don't have clothes, or slippers.

We don't have to count out blessings because of the little comfort that we have. God knows how to take care for each and every one of us. We just don't know how to thank Him.

© Copyright 2006 Alimohkon (UN: manabanski at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Alimohkon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452178-We-dont-need-to-count-our-blessings