*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453264
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#453264 added September 7, 2006 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Cancer? What type? I forgot to ask... damn...
I've always been blessed with a fairly good complexion, but this last year I've had what I thought was the mother of all blackheads. Yep, right there on my left cheek not to far below my left eye, and right where my glasses sometimes rub my face. So, sure it was likely it was a blackhead, right? Then I asked my idiot doctor to look at it... (Oh how I miss Dr. Levine). This doctor is older, I have not been his patient very long, and like a lot of older, traditional men - he dismisses most of what I say as just noise. If doctor's don't take their female patients seriously, could this be why so many women die needlessly. Damn doctors! I asked him to look. He accused me of being vain.

Okay, so I went to a Dermatologist. Yikes... he wanted to do a biopsy. Okay, well I have insurance. I'm sure it's nothing. Right!!!

Well, I get a phone call yesterday, just after having got off the phone with my editor who was giving me a slight kick in the pants about stuff I was suppose to submit. Deadlines... always deadlines. Damn...

Anyway... my oldest son wrecked his motorcycle, and damn near killed himself. Broke his collar bone in two places... he's seriously scratched up. My idiot child was not wearing leathers.

My granddaughter had to have surgery. Since the hurricanes there is a serious problem with staff infections. Good thing she's so young, and the two inch scapel slash will probably not be visible by the time she's 21. We can hope. Also being just not quite a year old... grandbaby didn't seem to be in any pain... Her mother on the other hand was almost hysterical when she saw it... and we're not going to even talk about how my daughter lost it when they told her she'd have to pack the wound once a day.

Anyway... some nurse called from the dermatologist's office and told me I have skin cancer. I thought that was just rude. Reminded me to definitely keep my appointment on Sept. 19th, 2006. YOU BET I WILL...

Anyway, I forgot to ask what kind of skin cancer. Guess it doesn't really matter.

So the message today kids, is don't hesitate to see a doctor. And if that doctor doesn't seem to have enough interest in what you're complaining about or asking about... go see another one. Damn...

Vanity my ass... it's cancer!

Oh, and my husband is pissed about the doctor's flippant attitude towards me too. Lucky for me Rick heard the doctor tell me I was just vain.


© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453264