*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454104-The-Smell-of-Fall-in-the-Air
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#454104 added September 11, 2006 at 5:19pm
Restrictions: None
The Smell of Fall in the Air
Last weekend was pretty nice here in Reno, Nevada, USA.
You can smell the fall in the air.

*Cough, Cough, Cough*
Well, if you try, the chances are you'd get a lungful of ash.
Somewhere, way out there, was a wild fire. It was so far off that it was in another state, California. But you can still feel and smell here.

However, good things are still happening.

We had our annual Hot Balloon Race last weekend.

They called a race, but to me, it was more like a Hot Balloon Hanging.

Beautiful ballons suspended in the air, dotting the skyline. If only, I'd get out of the bed to watch them, I was sure I'd been impressed.

Sleep was precious to me, especially the short time between my kids woke up, and they woke me up.

My mother actually called me up to tell me that the ballons were in the air.

Bless her! If she did not give me birth, I'd hang up on her rudely.

But it worked out for me actually. The same phone call woke my wife, and she actually took the kids to see the ballons and left me in bed!

Nice, comfy mattress! If you guys do not mind, I'd like to be alone with the thought for a while.

....

Oh, you are still here. How ... interesting.

My friend the Party Dude partyof5dj hated wasted time.

But I love to waste time. Not only I'd like to waste my own time, I'd like to waste yours also.

So, there now, how do you feel about 5 minutes of your precious time that you could never claim again.

The fall is here,
the time is slipping away,
and you are drifting slowly into hypernation.
Not a care in the world... for about 5 minutes, except the blazing hatred for a lazy bum --- me.

Please, don't thank me all at once!
*Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454104-The-Smell-of-Fall-in-the-Air