*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455344-Chapter-Two-The-Noble-is-Abducted
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by RatDog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Technology · #1157804
You ever read those random sentences tacked onto Spam emails to fool the filters?
#455344 added September 17, 2006 at 3:46am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two: The Noble is Abducted
His name was Ur Raj; and when he told me it, I recalled having met him several years before. Then would be a good time for us to try to escape. It was well for my peace of mind that I did not know what the next morning was to bring.

I, a noble of Helium, to be fed with the scraps from the table of Jal Had, Prince of Amhor.

The palace and the palace grounds are filled with his retainers, said Janai.

The green man saw nothing funny in what we were saying, taking it all literally.

As we rose in the air, I saw a patrol boat some distance away turn and head for us. It had perhaps one chance in a hundred million of succeeding.

I was taken to a small cabin which accommodated two and was already occupied by another man. Have you never heard that Martians pride themselves upon being truthful men?

As the door slammed, he turned and faced me; and each of us voiced an exclamation of surprise.
You know nothing, I snapped; and if I were you, I should not even guess.

© Copyright 2006 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455344-Chapter-Two-The-Noble-is-Abducted