*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456141-All-Behind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#456141 added May 3, 2014 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
All Behind
The Robbie Williams concert last night was brilliant, even if it did mean standing for several hours on a rather chilly night and suffering from backache today. To be amongst a crowd of over 90,000 in a congenial atmosphere watching and listening to our most charismatic singer was an experience I wouldn't have missed. So, that's another high point over and done with.

What else? My son's travel blog is proving to be a real comfort and huge thanks to those who have taken the time to read and comment. I know he'll really appreciate that. Today they've taken a boat trip to Halong Bay and he just texted me to say they're just preparing for sleep in the middle of the China Sea. I'm assuming he means on board - I hope so anyway as he's not the world's best swimmer.

I'm so behind with mail and reading blogs but hope to catch up a little tomorrow before the start of another few hectic days. After that my social calendar is empty as yet, but I won't tempt fate by saying I should have more time by then. I apologise for my lack of reading and responding but know you are all in my thoughts. I did print off some blog entries yesterday to read during the journey to the concert and I must admit they kept me well entertained and out of mischief.

I still have the Portugal report and photos to download, but will get there eventually. It may seem I'm a bit of a globetrotter, but until last year I hadn't had a holiday abroad in over twenty years. These short, reasonably-priced holidays are very valuable breaks, but I have to say Portugal is the most beautiful place I've seen yet. The weather was almost perfect, the scenery breathtaking, the people so kind and gentle and the accomodation comfortable. I have a few little gripes (of corset) but will deal with those in another entry. But all in all, Portugal is a wonderful country. The icing on the cake was discovering their national symbol. Spotting this in almost every shop and building gave me ample opportunity to keep saying...

OH LOOK...








© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456141-All-Behind