*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457654-Miracle-or-Coincidence
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#457654 added September 27, 2006 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Miracle or Coincidence
The unexplainable. That's how we define miracles or coincidences. Depending upon your faith, or lack thereof, we then use 'miracle' or 'coincidence' to define our experiences that have no other worldly, scientific, or natural explanation.

As I walked passed the magazine rack with my lunch in hand at the grocery store, my eyes pounced upon the title of a magazine: "Miracles. Awe-Inspiring Stories Of Unanswered Prayers And Impossible Coincidences."

I bought it, not so much to read the miracles in other people's lives, but to possibly contribute my own. I have two in my port "Invalid Item and "Invalid Item (I don't expect you to read them - just in case you're curious), though the first one would need editing. It contains a bad word.

Which brings me to another subject: publishing pet peeves (nice alliteration there, eh?).

Many Christian publishers try to avoid controversial issues, blatant disregard for morality in characters - especially the protagonists - and profanity. I hate that. By eliminating the ick of the real world, it feels contrived, and people can't relate. Feel-good fiction is one thing, but the purpose of Christians is to help those in dire need, and that means writing books people can use and relate to. Life is icky. It's about time Christian fiction reflects that.

Besides, Jesus didn't bow down from the hard issues, or avoid the sinners of the world, quite the opposite. Why then are we?

I pray for the day Christian publishers realize that, because until then, much of my fiction will never be published.

Back on my original subject!

. . .

Never mind. I'm done with that.

I just read an entry by karabu: "Invalid Entry. She mentioned at the end of her entry about some people being "scanners," those who have difficulty focusing on one thing at a time.

As my own entry for today can attest, I am a serious scanner!

Oh, I remember now! I'm not done with my original subject after all! Dizzy yet?

Another question for you! Yes I hear you groaning. I'd apologize, but I like to ask questions like these in my blog to know you all better. I do get tired of me sometimes.

Anyway, my question: What miracles have happened in your life? It can be a small, almost inconsequential thing, but something you've never forgotten and attribute to something as more than mere coincidence.

Oh, and I just noticed I hit over 5,000 views today *Delight*! Talk about a miracle *Laugh*!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457654-Miracle-or-Coincidence