*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458144-Incomprehensible-Invitations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#458144 added September 29, 2006 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
Incomprehensible Invitations
I'm doing two entries today for two reasons. One, I have more to say (like that's unusual, eh?), and I won't be here tomorrow or Sunday. We's goin' campin in the Badlands! Whoopeee! With Fall here and the temperatures consistently dropping, this will likely be our last opportunity of the year.

=======================================

I at first thought, “What the hell? How is it I keep attracting all this controversy; all these heated religious discussions where harsh words like ‘blasphemy’ get bantered about? All I’m doing is talking about my faith! Sheesh. I don’t claim to know everything; I’m certainly not (intentionally) preaching, pounding my blog page with my electronic Bible and screaming ‘Thou shalts’ and ‘Thou shalt nots or else.’”

Then I had an “Ah ha!” moment. By the mere mention of God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Trinity (not in the Bible, by the way *Wink*), faith, religion, and scripture on a public forum, it’s opening the door wide to all those with often such disparate points of view, I’m left beyond confused. Should I really be stunned and overwhelmed by the passions of others when it comes to their faith?

That being said, dear God what a gift! I can’t think of a better way to discover more about God than by discussing and listening to others who share the same desire. God wants us to be challenged, to question our preconceived notions, and scrutinize our faith, sometimes to the point we think we have none. That’s the only way we grow closer to Him. We are but finite humans, using a paltry 10% of our 8 pound brains trying to grasp at the ungraspable, to understand the inconceivable, and to encompass that which the entire universe is but the point of a pin in comparison.

Because we can’t understand all God is, He gives us tiny glimpses – bread crumbs if you will – to lead us in the direction He wants us to go. Anything more we couldn’t take. I’ve been filled with the Holy Spirit, so full I begged Him to leave because I felt as though every cell in my body would explode. I know that sensation couldn’t have been a thimbleful of God’s being. Thank God, because anything more would have likely killed me.

Is it any wonder then, when we disagree over who or what God is? We each see only a miniscule part, and more often than not from a different angle as everyone else.

I go back to my entry on this very subject a few weeks ago: "God's love and points to view. Every new piece I find or is given to me only makes God that much more incomprehensible. I’m less inclined to “put Him in a box” the more I learn.

One thing about God hasn’t changed, however, and never will: He loves us and wants us near Him, loving Him in return.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458144-Incomprehensible-Invitations