*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459718-Forty-Things
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1148896
If I don't write about it, I might implode.
#459718 added December 19, 2014 at 5:55pm
Restrictions: None
Forty Things...
I've been working on a "How I Survived Katrina" piece since forever, it seems. Life just keeps getting in the way, causing me to take longer and longer to finish the piece. Before I actually write that particular bit of non-fiction, though, I decided to sort of map out my journey with a timeline. I'm sure it's that decision that's slowing me down, too, in finishing the "How I Survived..." piece.

In the meanwhile, here is "Forty Things [13+], if interested.


On the homefront, a report was released, yesterday, stating that New Orleans is still missing about 57% of its pre-Katrina population. Some city officials were upset about the report because some of the funding that the city receives is based upon the city's population. So with the city's population smaller than expected, it could possibly mean a cut in certain funds.

I can understand why that would upset city officials, but not why they appeared so shocked by the report. With parts of the city still looking like they'd been bombed, and with the lack of truly affordable housing, it's of no wonder that the city is still missing over half of its population. And for some of us who were able to venture back, it's not quite a picnic, either. Hopefully, within a year or so, it will be, once again. Hopefully...


© Copyright 2014 Fictiøn Ðiva the Wørd Weava (UN: fictiondiva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fictiøn Ðiva the Wørd Weava has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459718-Forty-Things