*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459991-My-stupid-mouth
Rated: XGC · Book · Experience · #1034564
A new journal for a new beginning
#459991 added October 10, 2006 at 7:53pm
Restrictions: None
My stupid mouth...
I think I just royally pissed off my boss. The we just got our notice for our semi-annual inspection and I saw some major things that needed addressing. So I sent her an email laying it all out, and listing my ideas what I think we should do about it. She's out of town until Tuesday, but I wanted to let her know what I found as soon as could. I also made a statement I truly regret.

"I really want to be honest with the inspectors, but in order to do that we have to address these things before the inspection."


I was hoping that I sounded proactive (since the inspection is 3 weeks away), but I think I overdid it. I received a very short (in more ways than one) reply from her several hours later. Saying she wanted to meet with me first thing Tuesday morning (very early), and that she expected my partner and me to have our experiment done BY MONDAY.

I wrote her back and told her that I was sorry that I didn't wait until she was back to talk to her about the inspection. And there it is, the Honeymoon is officially over. I'm in the doghouse for sounding like a bossy cow.

I know it sounds silly, but I need a prayer or two to keep from freaking out.


© Copyright 2006 Artemismad (UN: artemismad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Artemismad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459991-My-stupid-mouth