*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460270-Lovely-October-BBQ-Day--Thanks-Chris
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#460270 added October 9, 2006 at 6:55am
Restrictions: None
Lovely October BBQ Day--Thanks Chris!
The State Fair of Texas has been underway about a week or so now. The TEXAS vs OU football game was last Saturday, and my team, Texas, won. It's a hundred year rivalry between two colleges on different sides of the Red River, and I'm proud to have burnt orange blood gained from an Austin, Texas, education.

Sometime during the month that the fair is on, the weather in Dallas decides it's possible to have something other than hot, hot, hot. My sleeping schedule is off, so I'm still up from Sunday at 5:30 am Monday. I've got the patio door open, and the air is so still and cool.

I've been watching the full moon, in a cloud haze, take it's path across the night sky, going out every couple of hours to check the progress. With the temperature running between the 80s and 50s, it's a lot more comfortable doing things outdoors.

The kitties are getting curious about what's past the patio door. There were out, stretching and chasing bugs, when I got this snapshot from my phone yesterday afternoon.

I can capture the antics of my 4 month old twins with my cell phone.


This weekend I've been moving furniture around, cleaning the dirt and animal hair with the vacuum and broom and mop, and working at reading Mexican history so I can help my student who has a test next week.

I could get obsessive about studying for the midterm exam, but I realized I'm not the one taking the test. I just need to know enough to prompt my student for review. On Friday we're going to have probably a 6 hour-marathon tutoring session. David is about to go to Las Vegas with his dad for four days, and his exam is the day he gets back. I'm hoping for a t-shirt. Once his essays are organized, I'll have a bit more leisure time.

My Mom is having trouble from back problems again. The doctor gave me an epidural in the neck for my back problems, and I'm doing considerably better than I have been. Mom talks about being 84 like she's totally worn out her body, and her spine problem/osteoporosis is causing her to have trouble walking. She has a secretary's rolling chair that she's using to get around the house. Poor Mama *Sad*

Hopefully, this week the doctor will get her CAT scan from last Friday, and then he'll be able to give her an injection to get rid of the problem. I'm sympathetic. It's a real drag when you can't get around, and not everybody wants a Hoveround vehicle. In the meantime, I'm helping with errands, and whatever. I should go brush her Chow later. It's funny the things you do to make loved ones feel better. I know she'll feel better if "Bo Bo" looks good.

Well, as this is Columbus Day, I guess I'll do something very American to celebrate. I think I hear some meat in my refrigerator, calling me to take it out to the grill. Mmm. . . .
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460270-Lovely-October-BBQ-Day--Thanks-Chris