*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461825-This-has-fun
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#461825 added October 15, 2006 at 1:39am
Restrictions: None
This has fun
Sometimes you have to start with where you are before you go all out making wishes. I got to spend a very creative number of hours with other women from church today. We prayed, meditated, laid out goals and desires in a very visual way, and broadly honored each other in the attempts. We made collages of beautiful magazine images and pubset headings and phrases that illustrated our own experiences or possibilities. Some mapped out paths, complete with sandy footprints, shoes, radiating ribbons or sparklies.

I have to say, I was proud of a basic achievement — I had an inspiration for how I wanted my creation to look far in advance of setting to work on it. I gathered all of my colorful paper snippets into the shape of an ancient feminine statue. And I worked from the center out to fill in every scrap of space in my chosen 2-D form. Childbearing hips and outstretched arms — and lest I forget, a head on well-developed shoulders? No, of course, I did not forget that important feminine feature. A thinking mind is one of my better features, even if I say so myself. (My husband will back me up on that one.)

I could probably spend quite a bit of time describing all its significance to me. Yet I ultimately decided that it represented me as I am in this moment. If the goal of the activity was to dream for the moon, I did little of that — even where money and stability are concerned. No imaginings for a paid-off house with a three-car garage and limitless pennies from Heaven. I could use those things, but they didn't manifest in what I ended up examining today. I wonder about that. And a true treasure map may still have to be constructed. Instead a have a me in the form of ancient self-knowingness with the phrase, "This has fun" and "Pure." swimming in the mindscape.

© Copyright 2006 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/461825-This-has-fun