*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462375-Typos
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#462375 added October 17, 2006 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
Typos
I'm the first to admit I'm not the fastest or most proficient typist in the world. This can cause problems and embarrassment in the keyboard-orientated world we live in. Blogging and writing aren't a problem as errors can soon be corrected, but I have been known to make some real blunders when it comes to online chatting.

The other night I meant to type 'full' but hit the key left of the 'l' twice by mistake instead of the double 'll.' This caused some amusement and raised a few questions regarding my online activities. Being a duck lover you can just imagine how I feel when I mistakenly hit the letters either side of the 'd.'

Anyway, last night I entered into a new area of regrettable typos. I've been searching for a new graphics program but those in the shops are either not suitable or too expensive. After a few dry whites I hit on the idea of looking on e-bay. Much as I love the site I don't use it very often due to time restrictions, so tend to forget it exists. Anyway, after a few more dry whites I'd managed to secure myself very reasonably priced copies of Paintshop and Photoshop.

Being me, I couldn't just leave it there, so I started perusing through the clothes and came across a lovely red dress. It turned out someone else was bidding against me so I thought I'd just leave a maximum bid and go to bed. That was the moment I regretted - both my decision and the glass refills. Instead of typing £22 as my final offer I somehow managed to miss-hit the keys and set my maximum bid at £2200.

A long time and several more glasses later I still couldn't find a way of cancelling my action so left it in the hands of fate. This morning I tackled the site again with a thick head and the fear of being destitute. I discovered how to retract my bid but apparently was too late to do it as there were less than twelve hours left on the bidding.

I eventually managed to contact the seller to explain the situation and fortunately she saw the funny side of it. Said she was disappointed she'd have to cancel her cruise to Barbados however. lol Anyway, I won the bid but had to pay a bit more than I'd hoped but at least I won't have to remortgage the house or sell hubby's golf clubs on E-bay. Just a minute though...

The slogan 'Don't Drink and Drive' doesn't apply to me as I don't do the latter, but I think I must adopt a new one for myself along the lines of 'Don't Booze and Bid.'

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462375-Typos