*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463084-Some-Things-You-Have-to-Share
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#463084 added October 20, 2006 at 9:08am
Restrictions: None
Some Things You Have to Share
It never fails. When I'm having a rather rough day, I'll suddenly get a fantastic devotional in my inbox from Jason Mitchner.

Jason is such an inspiration. He is a man in his middle 30's. The biography on his web site begins: "Jason Mitchener was born with a rare neuromuscular disease that now confines him to an electric wheelchair and requires him to use a ventilator to breathe. His body may be confined, but his spirit soars free."

Jason's devotionals are supposed to be daily, but sometimes his life or technology keeps it from being so.

Here is his website where you can explore or request his devotional: http://www.JasonMitchener.com

When I think I'm having a tough time, God directs me to others whose health issues are far worse then mine. Not long ago, I discovered a writer named RevDrJack at PearlSoup.com.

Here are a few words from one of his stories:
""New Vistas ... by and for the Disabled" was born in an unused studio at MacLean Hunter Channel 8 in St. Catharines in 1980.

The high-level quadraplegic became the lady in the control room, and with her head stick and limited movement, looked like a demented woodpecker as she mastered the control board cutting in and fading camera to camera like a pro. One cameraman was a recovering alcoholic epileptic, another was cerebral palsied. A man with less than 10% eyesight became our sound engineer, and we had a color balancer who was deaf. We maximized the talents and minimized the limitations."


To read the rest of the story: http://www.pearlsoup.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pearls.view&pearlID=18184

When I get perturbed about how the voice of Christians in the U.S. is being stifled or ignored, I remember that in other parts of the world my Christian brothers and sisters are being killed for standing up for their faith.

The Voice of the Martyrs has a new program called Bibles Unbound. They are seeking Christians to mail Bibles to China, Columbia, Cuba and the Middle East. Here is the information for those who might be interested in getting involved:

http://etools.780net.com/a/jgroup/bg_biblesunbound_ct-connection_263.html



And how am I doing? I have the usual aches and pains this morning, and even though I slept soundly (I never heard Jim getting ready for work), I'm still tired.

BUT ...

I was just blessed with the most wonderful sight. My computer sits in the kitchen, next to a large bay window, where I can watch the world go by. This morning two rather frisky squirrels have been entertaining me as they jump from limb to limb in the tree, then to the rooftop, to wires, then back to the tree. They have been chattering as they romp, and taking turns doing the chasing.

Although the sky is gray and gloomy - not unusual for this time of year - the wind is still and the temperature is supposed to be "pleasant" for this time of year.

I almost wish I could romp outside myself, scooping up leaves and jumping in them like I did as a child. But the dampness would certainly cause these bones to ache. So I'm content to watch the world and God's creatures from this side of the window.


A gift from Kiya


© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463084-Some-Things-You-Have-to-Share