*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465464-Catching-Up
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#465464 added October 30, 2006 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
Catching Up...
Well, it was a busy week last week. The dentist fixed my crown, but on 26 OCT I had to go in for my 1st treatment for my gum disease. It wasn't that bad. If anything it hurts my pocketbook more than my gums.

MINI RANT... WARNING MINI RANT...

Dental insurance SUCKS!! *Angry* Back in March when I had to have a crown put on a molar, they refused to pay for it saying that in accordance with their polices that molar wasn't authorized a white crown.

What THE???!~!!! They've PAID for every other white crown in my mouth!! Needless to say I'm still paying on that. It was 900 for that crown and I still 400.

Then for this gum treatment it's going to cost 1700!!! Insurance will pay for 900 leaving me to pay for 800 out of pocket.

Lucky me I have such a shitty mouth, huh??? What the?? I DON'T get that. I brush twice a day and floss once and use mouthwash twice a day!!!! My total so far is 8 CROWNS, 3 ROOT CANELS, 1 FILLING and GUM DISEASE!!

I am A FREAK about my teeth. I wonder if it's genetic?

Of course this comes on the HEELS of Christmas. And you all know Christmas ain't cheap. Christmas and this dental treatment have basically ATE UP the benefits I got from supplemental insurance (AFLAC & Colonial) for having the baby so I have to go back to work early to afford this wonderful DENTAL expense. There goes my plan to have the holidays off. Now, I have to go back to work on 10 DEC instead of 3 JAN.

Such is the joy of my mouth.

MINI RANT OVER... MINI RANT OVER...

So, aside from my trip to the dentist, I was working like a slave to an edit I was doing for THE WOLF'S TORMENT for IUniverse. I sliced and diced, trimmed the fat, and in the end I got the novel down to 140,000 words. (which is still a lot.)

I like IUniverse in that I think their Editorial Evaluation is great and I loved the feedback they gave me on WOLF'S TORMENT. I needed that like a year ago!! Haha *Laugh* And I BELIEVE in the power of editing. I think I addressed all the major issues the edit addressed, but sadly, I just can't afford anything more than a copy edit. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you all up to date.

FYI...my offer for merit badges for an ACROSS THE FICKLE WINDS OF HISTORY review and product reviews of my two books still stand. (How's that for a little pimping?)

On the Homefront, Baby is doing fine. We call him a little Goblin because he can knock back a 6 oz. bottle - and he's only 5 weeks!! He's so easy, rarely fuses and loves to be cuddled. Sigh...

Andrew is learning his ABC's and he's excited about that. He comes home and practices his letters. If I have time we sit down at the table and do them together. This last saturday he went to his pee wee soccer camp and enjoyed it. (still uses his hands from time to time tho! Cheater!! haha. *Laugh*)

Then we went to the pumpkin patch and bought a slew of pumpkins. Brent and I made a scarecrow we put in the front yard with a pumpkin head.

I can't believe November is around the corner. 14 NOV Brent and I will have been married 15 years. My, how the time flies.

So that's it. I'm disappointed over my dental insurance and the condition of my mouth, I'm a little bummed over my inability to afford a content edit for TORMENT (which I feel is a really great story...) and I'm p.o'd I have to go back to work early from maternity leave.

But hey, tomorrow's Halloween and I'm looking forward to that. Joseph is going to be a pumpkin and Andrew is going to be Superman. I'll post pics when I can.

(((hugs)) to all
Steph

© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465464-Catching-Up