*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465868-Just-Passing-Time
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#465868 added November 1, 2006 at 7:59pm
Restrictions: None
Just Passing Time
It seems like I've been piddling around the house, accomplishing nothung, or some time now. I had a round with back pain, but things are better now.

Mom's Chow has a back joint problem that she's actually considering surgery for. It's very expensive surgery. Medical technology makes improvements possible, but out of sight as far as expense. It's not reasonable to spend several thousand dollars to men a congenital haunch problem. But we listened to the vet explain what would be done. Makes my back hurt to think about it!

There's been a hold up on my study of Mexican history, I read from times past up to about 1911. Then my student took a holiday to Las Vegas, and I think he probably dropped the class because I haven't heard from him since. He was due a test the day he got back. Mexican history was a tough elective for him to tackle.

He'll probably start at the American Broadcasting School here in town. He was to the point of wanting to have job skills and get employed in his field of interest, before it disappears. Radio things are changing where they don't need so many disc jockeys anymore. Everything is programmed, as I understand.

At any rate, when I didn't have to be caught up on my reading to help David, the books kind of got pushed to the side. I'll challenge myself to get back to reading and writing about Mexican history in the next week.

There might be a market for articles, or maybe "Chapter" Children's lit. Watched "the Quill Awards" on TV the other day, and I was interested in all the different genres. I guess you need to know what genre you're righting in if you're going to publish. I still want to publish, but I haven't been putting any effort in that direction.

Two of "the kits" had to go to the vet last week. I think "Emily" was the one to bite "Fella" in the neck, and it absessed. At the same time, "Angel" got diahrrea. They both got a shot and medicine to go down their throat, and they're much better now. "Stella" knows she's the lucky kitty, because she hasn't had to take any medicine yet. She's the kitty who sits in my lap at the computer. She's the one who most looks like my previous kitty, and she has the most Siamese sounding meow. I'll see if my cell phone can snap her, so you can see her beautiful blue eyes and gray markings. My home is a den of companions these days, and I love it (especially since we're all healthey again) *Bigsmile*
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465868-Just-Passing-Time