*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467362-School-Bus-Cruelty
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#467362 added November 8, 2006 at 12:42am
Restrictions: None
School Bus Cruelty
After living for quite a long time, some days I still can't believe the cruelty I hear about. A school bus driver in Indian River County, FL, incited the students in the bus to taunt a handicapped boy practically ever since the school started. As the last straw, he put up posters on the school bus' windows naming him names and calling him gay.

The boy may or may not have been gay but he was mentally handicapped. The other kids called him names and attacked him physically on the bus for quite some time and the bus driver joined in and led the "fun"! When the boy finally reacted and attacked someone who was taunting him, the bus driver reported the boy as attacking the other kids.

The boy was suspended for a week. When the bus' video tape was examined by the school officials, they saw what really happened and the truth came out into the open.

The boy is still suspended and the bus driver continues driving. They are looking into (!) bus driver's conduct. If found guilty, they might let go of him.

Is that all? I am speechless. I think a criminal investigation should be in place for this man. As the adult and the driver in the bus, he should be the one to calm the kids and protect the innocent.

I don't live in Indian County and I don't know what can be done. When it comes to the abuse of people who can't defend themselves, especially the mentally and the emotionally handicapped, I get really upset.



© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467362-School-Bus-Cruelty