*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467425-Signs-of-a-Good-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#467425 added November 8, 2006 at 9:26am
Restrictions: None
Signs of a Good Day
Then God told Noah and his sons, “I hereby confirm my covenant with you and your descendants, and with all the animals that were on the boat with you—the birds, the livestock, and all the wild animals—every living creature on earth. Yes, I am confirming my covenant with you. Never again will floodwaters kill all living creatures; never again will a flood destroy the earth.”

Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.” Then God said to Noah, “Yes, this rainbow is the sign of the covenant I am confirming with all the creatures on earth.”
~ Genesis 9:8-17

As I stepped outside, a warm wind ruffled my still wet hair. I took a deep breath, and glanced up at the morning sky. Low lying clouds floated by, reflecting the pale orange light of the sunrise. Below one of the clouds leaking wisps of rain a rainbow wavered at me. Above that, a bright near-full moon peeked through a break in the clouds.

I smiled thinking this portends to be a good day.

That’s what I’m planning on anyway.

I hope the same goes for you.

Happy Wednesday *Heart*.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467425-Signs-of-a-Good-Day