*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467700-Just-Cause
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#467700 added November 9, 2006 at 3:58pm
Restrictions: None
Just Cause
I write another blog entry today because I hate leaving a negative entry out in front for too long.

Life is too dang short to dwell on the darker things swimming around in my head, especially when they're no longer there, or have retreated to the dusty and rusty file cabinet of "No Longer Important."

I thank all of you for your patience, kindness, and rationality. It always helps to keep my brain from exploding - not a pretty sight that.

So, I will share with you a quote I recently read, and something I think all of us while immersed in a story or novel can relate to:

There is no way that writers can be tamed and rendered civilized or even cured. The only solution known to science is to provide the patient with an isolation room, where he can endure the acute stages in private and where food can be poked into him with a stick." ~ Robert A. Heinlein.

I also revisited a few of my short stories and read the reviews (always an uplifting experience [I'm serious, not a hint of sarcasm here]) and decided I'm not doing nearly enough (more like not doing anything) to market what I've written so far. Some of it doesn't remotely suck, so why are they sitting around collecting WdC dust?

In the mean time as I punch out at least 34,103 words from now to November 30, you can poke in food at me with a stick. I'm partial to strawberries, dark chocolate, strong black coffee, thick, juicy, medium rare steaks, and broccoli - not necessarily in that order *Smile*.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/467700-Just-Cause