*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468709-Chapter-Three
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1172971
She was an outcast... can she still survive?
#468709 added November 21, 2006 at 8:12pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Three
Anna awoke with a start. Her eyes took a while to focus, for the fog was so heavy, and so thick she could barely look in front of her. Shivering vigerously, she blinked her eyes, trying to get them to see properly. But now, she could hear it. What had awaken her... A noise of what sounded like foot steps. But... not a human's.
"Hello?!" She shouted, pushing herself up off the ground. She swirled around in the fog, unable to locate anything. Her heart thumped hard in her chest, as she strained her ears. Crunch... crunch.... crunch...
She heard the noise, and she began to back away from it. But... it was coming from everywhere. Like she couldn't escape it. Spinning around, Anna was about to take off running, when the thing was right there.
She screamed, but quickly covered her mouth with both hands. It was... a horse. A pure white horse, with a silken mane and tail. It took Anna a moment, but she realized something. It was her horse. Bell, she had named her. Anna cocked her head.
"Bell?!" She exclaimed, and she moved forward, wrapping her arms around the horses warm neck. She must have gotten loose... or her father let her loose. Anna sighed gently, trying to calm her nerves.
"You scared me, girl..." Anna said softly, and she smiled, running her hand through her silken mane.
The horse merely huffed, sniffing at her dirty hair. Pushing her fingers through her own hair, Anna nodded. "Yes. I am filthy, I know." She said with a smile
The horse merely blinked, looking at her. With a shake of her fury body, Bell began to step forward, making her way through the woods like she knew the way. Well, Bell did esape alot, maybe she knew these woods better. Anna blinked, watching her disappear in the thick fog.
"Hey!" She said, her voice a bit hushed, while moving after the animal. "Where are you going?" She said softly, running her hand across her soft fur. Bell snorted, tossed her head a bit, and stopped moving. She pawed at the ground.
"Do...do you want me to get on?" She asked, and Bell snorted once more. Anna smiled a bit. Bell understood things Anna would never imagine she could.
"Well, alright. But don't get me lost." She said, and with a quick jump, she pulled herself onto Bells warm back. She patted her shoulder.
"Take me where you are taking me." She said softly, leaning her head on the horses softly bobbing neck. Bell began moving again, her pace slow but steady. She was going, in what Anna believed, to be the opposite direction of her home, so Anna didn't worry to much. Even if the horse had no clue where she was going, Anna would be getting away. she sighed, and let her eyes close, and soon enough, she was back asleep.

© Copyright 2006 ~*~Taylor~*~ (UN: tayluvhorses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~*~Taylor~*~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468709-Chapter-Three