*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468792-Blog-Feng-Shui
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#468792 added November 14, 2006 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
Blog Feng Shui
In my first entry yesterday (titled “Idle Butterfly”), I compared looking for a subject to catching butterflies. All day it stuck with me, because I liked how the metaphor turned out.

I have a dilemma now, though. I like it enough I want to change the title of my blog to “Catching Idle Butterflies,” subtitle (so far), “Capturing coherent thoughts and wisdom can be tough sometimes.”

The problem comes with getting rid of “Finding God.” I like that title, too, and it well represents the overall focus of my blog.

For the introduction I’d use a different graphic, possibly one showing a little girl trying to catch butterflies with a net. That would be cute and fun. I’d also use a different scripture, something akin to grasping for God’s strength and wisdom. I haven’t looked yet, but I know there’s something along those lines. If you know of one, please share.

I don’t wish to change the title to gain more readership. I tried that once, and it didn’t quite work out. This blog belongs to God, not me, and I want anyone new who comes in to know that from the start.

I guess I feel the need to change it for no greater reason than moving furniture around in my living room. I’m bored of seeing the same title, the same graphic, and the same text day after day. My blog won’t change any more than my furniture changes when I move it, yet it feels new and fresh. Call it Blog Feng Shui.

I’m leaning toward changing it, but I still want to know what you think.

Thank ye.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468792-Blog-Feng-Shui