*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468946-Chapter-3---Arrivals-unfinished
by Runei
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1174370
My fantasy novel set in a roman/medieval land (with magic though very hidden and mystical)
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#468946 added November 19, 2006 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3 - Arrivals (unfinished)
Chapter 3 - Arrivals

It was night in Westport, and Kiero had taken a patrol of 5 soldiers to one of the towers at the ciy gates. It was now one week since they had captured Reedan and uncovered an empty storage. Reedan had told them that the storage had been used for weapons, but that he was only hired to guard them, and knew nothing of where they had gone. The murder of Muyar had struck them all hard, and had resulted in each of the remaining Legates constantly being watched by two bodyguards. Reedan had said he knew nothing of the murder, and Lon had believed him and forgiven him his misactions - Just seconds before he stabbed him with his knife. Kiero had been stunned by Lon's behaviour, but as he said to the soldiers afterwards: "This is war... We are no longer welcome in the principalities, and it wont be long before they'll try to kill us." Kiero had understood and resumed his duties. The weapons belonged to someone called "The Resistance" and it sounded as much as the coming of a war for freedom than anything. Commander Lon had already taken precautions and sent half of the soldiers in Wesport away to find the General. He had also sent messages to the other bastions of Imperial forces in the prinicipalities, and that was all he could do.
         "What'd you think will happen now Kiero?" Treyn asked and woke the group of soldiers, who had been almost sleeping.
         "Tomorrow we will head to Stout Rock and ask the Lords about all this. Either they will try to kill us, or we will get our answers. Either way our time here in Westport is over. We gotta leave soon, or we'll be lynched by mad citizens..." he answered and continued looking at the countryside.
         "What about this 'resistance'? Any truth to it?"
         "Most likely... Together the High-Lords can muster fourteen-thousand legal troops. If this 'resistance' is their work, they could maybe muster about thirty or forty thousand troops if it came to open war. We gotta treat them as enemies now, and we gotta leave... Soon..." Silence feel on the tower again as they all wondered for a moment. But before long Treyn broke the silence again.
         "Riders coming. Carrying seven banners!" Kiero looked the way Treyn pointed and saw them. Seven riders coming down the road. He couldn't make out the colors, but as they reached the city-wall he almost gasped. He knew the seven men. They were the High-Captains of the seven prinicipalities. Probably called here by order of the High-Lords, to prepare battleplans.
         "Seems like to war is just about to begin..." Treyn muttered and look sideways at Kiero, who licked his lips nervously.
© Copyright 2006 Runei (UN: runei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Runei has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/468946-Chapter-3---Arrivals-unfinished