*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/469939-Sprinkle-Salt-Insert-Foot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#469939 added November 19, 2006 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Sprinkle Salt, Insert Foot
Do you ever write an entry, and as you type in a sentence or two, you think, "Oh, someone's gonna call me on that, I bet!"

It's a fleeting thought, so you leave the statement as is and continue on.

The warning remains in the back of your head, though, so when someone then leaves a comment disagreeing with your premise all you can do is laugh.

I received a not-so-unconscious thought like that when I typed for my entry, "Change is Good: Though we have other pets such as cats and birds, in general it's never as close as the ones we share with a dog.

This morning I received a blog comment from karabu:

I hate to disagree - but I have a very close and loving relationship with my cats. One in particular I'm extreemly bonded with. He even plays 'fetch', I've taught him a few simple tricks - he's been know to come lick my face and my tears when I'm in need of a friend, and he's always the first member of my household to run up to me in greeting whenever I return home. I've had other cats like this in the past so I know he's no fluke.

I admit that I'm not nearly so close to my bird (a cockatiel), but having worked for an avian veterinarian I know how important birds can be to some. They say some of the more intelligent parrots, like macaws and African greys, can be like caring for a toddler. Since I actually have a toddler, I think this comparrison may be exaggerated. But I do understand the point, and have met those for whom their bird is their baby and their life.

Not that dogs aren't wonderfull.
I'm just saying...


I responded thusly:

*Bigsmile* I was waiting for someone to say that!

That's the reason I added: "Though we have other pets such as cats and birds, in general it's never as close as the ones we share with a dog."

In copying that sentence, though, I should have said: "in general it's not often as close . . ."

Thanks for pointing it out.

Speaking of caring cats, you should read two blog entries by chalaedra's daughter, Shiloh Darke : "Invalid Entry and "Invalid Entry.


While I hold to dogs and man having a unique relationship, that doesn't mean man can't have equally unique relationships with other animals, as karabu and Shiloh Darke clearly pointed out.

I will leave you with a word of advice. If you ever need to eat your words or find yourself munching on the proverbial foot, remember it tastes better with a little salt sprinkled on it, not much, but it’s better than straight toe-jam! Blech!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/469939-Sprinkle-Salt-Insert-Foot