*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470240
Rated: E · Book · Young Adult · #1181187
When a homeless man dies, Allison gets his notebook. It can only lead to trouble.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#470240 added November 20, 2006 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue
It was an ordinary day in an ordinary city. It was the beginning of winter and Allison shivered as she walked through Novel Park on her way home. Allison had forgotten to bring a jacket to school that day and as a result, cursed the sky for sending snow whereas most of the children shouted with praise. Nonetheless, Allison felt just a bit warmer as she walked past a man sitting on a park bench and gave him a quarter. Not a lot, but enough. The man’s name was William. A sophisticated name for a very strange person. William was homeless. He spent his entire life (or so it had seemed) on the same park bench, writing in his notebook. Every day Allison walked past him and every day she gave him a quarter. And every single day, William said nothing. On very rare occasions (so rare in fact, that it had only happened ten times in her entire life) William would glance up from his notebook and stare at Allison. On extremely rare occasions, he would smile. And on one memorable occasion (so memorable Allison had written a story about it for English class), William said hello. On that day, Allison said hello back and continued walking. And William, he stared at her, thinking about the legacy he held and what it would bring this ordinary girl.
© Copyright 2006 Novel Ideas (UN: musicalstar21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Novel Ideas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/470240