*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472297-24-Hour-Bug-Attacks-Six-and-Two-Year-Old
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#472297 added December 1, 2006 at 5:45am
Restrictions: None
24 Hour Bug Attacks Six and Two Year Old.
*grimaces* Placeholder
I'll be back *Pthb*

***

Told ya I'd be back. *Pthb* And not even Forge's smartass comment would entice me to leave this entry as it was since I said I'd be here. lol

On Wednesday I had a sick six year old to take care of. She was very crook so I kept her home from school and she rested most of the day. Slept early and by next morning was completely fine.

Last night I was up all hours with a sick two year old. Same illness but he was sick all day today too. He had a good long nap during the day which is unlike him but I'm hopeful that he'll be fine tomorrow.

I can't believe how helpless I feel when either of my kids are sick. Especially when it's something unexplainable but passing and mild like this past illness was. 24 hour stomach bug. It rocks their world for the day but is all forgotten the next day. Even so there is little I can do, their stomach revolts against everything, even water and children's pain medicine.

The good news is they're not hungry so there is less mess to clean up when the little they do eat comes back up within minutes. They get tired so I'm not having to chase them around trying to get them to rest. And they get clingy which works out fine when I'm able to settle in and just hold them all day long.

I remembered the early days with my kids when I was holding my youngest today. He was warm in my arms. Sleeping peacefully but definately not well. It brought to mind the times I'd held him and his sister before him when they were babies. Of course looking at him now my heart aches a little because although I still call him baby boy he really isn't a baby any more.

The good news is after rest and some TLC he's looking much better. Tomorrow he'll be fine; both will be back to their normal bouncy selves. Of course, chances are in a day or two I'll be crook with whatever they had. *chuckles* Oh the irony. *Wink*

© Copyright 2006 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472297-24-Hour-Bug-Attacks-Six-and-Two-Year-Old