*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472378
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1185255
Old notebooks hold words never seen before.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#472378 added December 15, 2006 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
We are all the same; We are all loved by God
Brothers and sisters, we forget that our churches are for everyone. Our churches are not just places for us to get together so we can feel good. Churches are not country clubs. And yet, many remain the most segregated places around. There are black churches and white churches; rich churches and poor churches.

We claim that everyone is welcome in our church, but do we really make everyone feel welcome? Our churches, like our God, should be places of refuge for the hurting and imperfect.

That bum on the street corner is no different than we are. None of us are perfect. We should welcome him and ask him to sit next to us. How our Father in Heaven would smile at the sight of that man with tattered and dirty clothes sitting next to us in our finery. How His smile would grow if we offered to buy new clothes or shoes for that homeless man.

We sit in judgement of each other. Some are smug knowing that the woman three seats away actually smokes cigarettes. Heaven forbid. We forget that we have gained 25 pounds in the past year through gluttony.

The Bible says that all have sinned, not just some. Maybe you don't smoke or drink or eat too much. But do you gossip? Do you continue to find fault in everyone around you?

Jesus tell us that the two most important things are for us to love God and love our neighbor. Love isn't just tolerating people. It is reaching out to them. Love means holding others in high regard, respecting them.

We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. (See Romans 3:23)

Let's repent now!


Forgive Me, Lord
by Marilyn Mackenzie

I'm sorry, Lord
That I can't be
Your perfect kid
Like I should be.

Forgive me, Lord
That I don't see
Your hurting kids,
The ones in need.

Open my heart,
Prepare me, Lord
to see like you
This broken world.



© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472378