*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472403
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1185255
Old notebooks hold words never seen before.
#472403 added December 1, 2006 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Page Two in That Old Notebook
I thought about making separate entries for everything I found on this one page in my old notebook. Instead, I decided to just put it all on one page, as I found it in my book.

I wonder if I was trying to save paper, since I was almost homeless at the time. Or was I switching back and forth between programs? I really don't remember.



These comments sound like Dr. Phil-isms. No matter where they originated, they are good. *Smile*

Your first resolution has to be to love and value yourself in a guilt-free fashion.

Your second resolution should be to express that self-love by making a commitment to______________ (fill in the blank for your own life situation).

Hmmm. That sounds reasonable. You can't be much good to the world around you if you don't know your own worth and value.

I am the child of the King! God loves me in ways that even I don't know or understand. Knowing that helps me get through every day.




Here, it appears that I just had to make a note about this:

What was the greatest country music TV event? Answer: Alan Jackson singing, "where Were You When the World Stood Still?" for the first time on CMA.

I have to agree that was quite a moment. That song title even gives me chills. Hearing it sung just makes me want to weep again.




Now the page continues about making and keeping resolutions. Go figure.

One has to make reasonable and specific goals and resolutions. A time should be assigned for achieving the goals. You must choose something over which you actually have control.

Habits and addictions soon own us. To get rid of them, we should exercise, take more time for spiritual and quiet time, and give our time to helping other people.




Hmmm. I must have been switching TV channels. My next note just says: James Taylor and Allison Kraus - "How's Life Treating You?"

I'm not even sure I would recognize that song if I heard it. I don't follow country music very much.




Back to goals and resolution notes.

Set one eternal goal. Then think, what do I need to honor that goal?

Set yourself up to succeed. Have a support system. Handle road-blocks in advance. Embrace your imperfections.

Face one fear per day.




I think I must have changed channels once more. Here are the next items on my notebook page:

You don't have the right to remain silent if you have been arrested by God's grace.

What one thing is/was the hardest thing for God? Creating the earth? Resurrection? No! Making us understand how He is and how much He loves us. He humbled himself to become human to try to make us understand.

Humanity's past is depressing. So is our present. Our future is full of hope. God came down to show us that hope and salvation.





That's the last of this notebook page.

Although the parts about goals and resolutions certainly sound like Dr. Phil-isms, none of the books I possess have these words in them.

As for the sermon notes? I usually make a note of any TV preacher I hear. Or if I'm attending a real worship service and take sermon notes, I keep track of the pastor's name.

If you know where either of these might have originated, please let me know. It could be that I was reacting to something I heard and writing the words in my own way. But I don't know that for sure, since the notes are over three years old.










© Copyright 2006 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472403