*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472539-Three-Weeks---Is-That-All--
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1170988
Deep and meaningfuls that touch the sole as they come and go.
#472539 added December 2, 2006 at 5:18am
Restrictions: None
Three Weeks !! ... Is That All ?? ...
Three weeks !! ... is that all ?? ... I haven't even written out my Christmas Cards. I usually start with a list of family and friends who will have something under the tree from me. Then I write out ideas and go get that. Sometimes it changes due to inspiration while shopping.

I get a few extra boxes of Chocolates just in case I missed someone AND so if I didn't miss anyone I would have a new years self-wrapped gift to open a few days after Christmas, when all MY Christmas chocolate gifts were gone, and I was on the hunt for more.

The Christmas tree goes up around 12 Days before Christmas and comes down around 12 Days after Christmas (give or take the weekend). Each year I have to decide wheather to use a Star or an Angel on top of the tree. I like to vary that from year to year. (I don't know why). One year I came home and found the children had gotten together and put the whole tree up and decorated it themselves. I was so pleased to find it all done.

These days I have the help of my granddaughter to help. I borrow her for the day and we have a day of bliss.

I don't mind the crowds in the shop or waiting at the tills what I do mind is the parking (or should I say, 'lack of') it seems that everyone is rushing around at the last minute.

This year might be different for me since I have the daytime off work as I work late afternoons and evenings. So shopping in the mornings may be easier this year.

One year I hadn't even gotten around to wrapping the gifts when Christmas morning had dawned. The family was arriving and we were off to another relatives for the day. My family helped me wrap and tag all the gifts so the gifts were presentable, before packing them all in the car to take with us. I was so touched that they would rally around and offer support in that way.

I have found that books are easy to wrap and can be bought with individuals in mind. Jig-saw puzzle boxes are usually easy to wrap, too, but are easy to guess as well with just a little rattle.

On Christmas (and on other celebrations) we light a candle to honour Gaelon's presence in our home. It was a tradition that was started in 2003. It is hard to 'celebrate' when there is an empty place at the table because one of our nearest and dearest has already gone to heaven. Lighting a candle helps us to acknowledge and remember that our loved ones are a light in our hearts and never forgotten.

We all have varying traditions at this time of year. Be at peace with yours.
Let your loved ones know how much you care about their welfare and make them feel welcome in your home.

© Copyright 2006 Fizzgig (UN: fizzgig_sh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fizzgig has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472539-Three-Weeks---Is-That-All--