*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474338-Sunday-December-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Philosophy · #1188214
An insane view on an insane world.....my thoughts exposed, enter at your own risk!
#474338 added December 10, 2006 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday, December 10
Love is a double-edged blade, it's pierce draws both pleasure and pain.  The duality of Life, good and evil, darkness and light, is evident in the nature of Love.  Does love always mean loss?  Is loving someone a curse as well as a blessing, in that you know separation and pain and heartache is imminent?

It's this counterweight of balance that causes me to be hesitant in moving forward, in taking action, in Living....I'm afraid, through Pavlov's classical conditioning model of learning I have learned that with the good comes the bad, with the pleasure comes the pain.  I cannot remain paralyzed by this knowledge, because inaction is death.  Every course of action has an equal reaction, isn't that a principle of physics?  It's either moving forward (starting a sequence) with the knowledge of inevitable consequence or not moving at all....    And since inaction is an inverse of Living (a form of Death), isn't it better to move and accept the consequence?  Isn't taking the good with the bad better than taking nothing at all?

Man, it's hard....it's bittersweet, it's sweet-sorrow, the very nature of Life is an oxymoron. But, as a wise man once said:

"T' is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"--Lord Alfred Tennyson

I equate the ride of life to the game Plinko on the "The Price is Right":  the one where you drop a round disk at the top of the board and it filters through a grid of angles...either to drop in a '$0' or the '$15,000' slot at the end.  You don't know where the disk is going to go....it seems it's going to the right but then hits an angle and drastically alters course...you have no control, all you can do is cheer it on and hope it falls into a high value category.  But even then, if it doesn't hit the jackpot, the excitement of watching the disk go through the board is the prize in itself.


© Copyright 2006 Dagny Taggart (UN: lnzellis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dagny Taggart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474338-Sunday-December-10